Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 12th, 2021 22:00

Intel UHD Graphics 620 Blue Screening

Hello,

I have had this problem and was running Win10/64, I've just upgraded to Win11/64 but the problem still continues.

My system is a Dell 7390 with the latest bios, windows updates and graphics driver 27.20.100.9664, A11 downloaded from Dell.

When I disable the Intel driver everything is fine. However, I have an external monitor and need the Intel driver to work. When I disconnect the external monitor the BSOD happens.

I have tried to install an earlier graphics driver from Dell but I get an error message that the OS is not supported. Running compatibility mode does not help. I can only find the EXE file, no zip files to try.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

12 Posts

October 20th, 2021 15:00

The problem is the latest Dell 27.20.100.9664, A11 video driver and should be removed or updated immediately.

I can confirm the previous version 27.20.100.9171, A19 is stable.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

October 13th, 2021 03:00

If you got the driver from Intel, that was a mistake. Dell customizes the Intel driver (as well as all other drivers)for your exact model. Get the right driver from Dell Downloads and Drivers.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/latitude-14-7490-laptop/drivers

I assume you reinstalled Windows when you got it from the company. You cannot get the computer to do anything without Windows. If you have not done that--Burn the files for windows 10 reinstallation to disk or thumb drive by using the Create Media Tool

12 Posts

October 13th, 2021 17:00

Thanks for the copy and paste answer.

If you care to read my post I stated in no uncertain terms that I downloaded the latest graphics driver from Dell being 27.20.100.9664, A1

Also, the like you provided is for a 7490, I quite clearly stated I have a 7390 and I already have the download page for my system.

12 Posts

October 13th, 2021 18:00

100% the problem is the graphics driver. When I disable Intel UHD 620 the system is stable and does not crash.

1 Message

November 1st, 2021 19:00

Hi, I tried to install that version but ir says is not compatible with operative system, windows 11.

Could you help me please?? Thank you

12 Posts

November 1st, 2021 20:00

2021-11-02 14_30_06-Intel UHD Graphics Driver _ Driver Details _ Dell Australia.jpg

November 4th, 2021 14:00

After you use the "Extract" option in the installer EXE, you still need to run another extract command.

Launch Command Line as admin.  CD to where the first extraction put the files, and enter the command:
igxpin.exe/v ExtractDrivers=c:\drivers    (or where you've created a folder)
In my example, the folder of interest will be "c:\drivers\Production\Windows10-x64" after it completes, which takes a minute.

THEN you go to device manager, find the Display Adapters/Intel UHD Graphics 620, right click Uninstall AND MAKE SURE you check Delete the software drivers!

* It is probably a good idea to reboot here, just to clean things up and avoid confusion.

Then in device manager Action-"scan for hardware changes", and go to Display Adapters/Windows Basic Display.  Right click Update Driver, Browse, go to that c:\drivers\Production\Windows10-x64" location, and it should install the downlevel drivers.

And I would recommend rebooting here as well before checking the results - sometimes info is cached and device manager bounces around a bit.

No Events found!