Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SJ

5 Posts

February 28th, 2019 10:00

Keyboard Not Working But Touchpad Is Fine

So a few days after my warranty expires (this morning) I turn on my computer and see that the keyboard doesn't work. The little circle in the middle of the board works and the touchpad does too but none of the keys are doing anything so I had to plug in an external one so I could type this.

I checked my device manager and this site for any drivers that needed to be updated. Last month a similar problem happened but that time even the touchpad wouldn't work. There were like 5 drivers that needed updating and that fixed it. There's no Windows updates, I tried uninstalling and installing the drivers anyways, restarted the thing multiple times, but nothing is working. Its really irritating because we just bought the laptop last year and it would be a waste to go buy a different one.

This is a Latitude E6430 if that helps

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 28th, 2019 15:00

Get your drivers from Dell Downloads and Drivers. Those are customized for your board and are almost never updated. Go here and get the right drivers for your service tag which will clear up your problems with the wrong drivers-

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e6430/drivers

That model is getting old since it came out in 2012. Are you sure about the model number? 

No Events found!