Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 2nd, 2018 11:00

Laptop goes to sleep after 1 minute on Lock Screen

Hello,

As far as I know this is an isolated incident but I have every single trigger turned off for sleep while the computer is plugged in. It is connected to a TB16 dock and whenever I Win + L my computer and it is idle for 60 seconds it goes to sleep. I'd like to know if there is another trigger somewhere that I have missed. Note*** I have not touched the registry settings because that's always a rabbit hole.

Look forward to your replies

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

July 2nd, 2018 11:00

Are you certain the system fully goes to sleep?  My Windows 10 system turns the display off after 1 minute on the lock screen, regardless of my "Turn the display off after" setting, which only applies while the session is unlocked, but the system is still fully up and running.

1 Message

August 12th, 2019 10:00

Settings/Power & Sleep/Dell ExpressSign-in

Change PC behavior based on you proximity to the PC

I disabled all options here but it is the Away setting that is set to lock after 1 minute. It can be changed but only to a max of 3 minutes

1 Message

August 17th, 2020 07:00

This is called "Dell Optimizer" on my machine.  Can be found via the start menu.  Has the Proximity Sensor with 1 - 3 minute selection.  I disabled mine.

1 Message

September 10th, 2020 09:00

Thanks for the help. The Dell Optimizer is a new feature that i was not aware of. After disabling the Proximity Sensor, my laptop is no longer locking itself after 1 minute. I guess the Dell Optimizer has priority over the battery & screen saver settings.

13 Posts

December 18th, 2020 11:00

If you own a Latitude 7410 this solved it for me as well. Uninstalled the Optimizer via the control panel. SMH, come on Dell you make great stuff! You shouldn't prioritize this software over OS power specific settings.

No Events found!