Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

3 Posts

May 1st, 2019 07:00

Latest BIOS for Latitude 7390

Earlier today I downloded and installed BIOS Latitude_7x90_1.9.3. I have not observed any problems, but the aformentioned BIOS version is not listed anymore on the Drivers & downloads page. Is there a problem with the BIOS, has it been withdrawn, should I roll back to the earlier version? Anyone?

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2019 07:00

@tadream wrote:

Earlier today I downloded and installed BIOS Latitude_7x90_1.9.3. I have not observed any problems, but the aformentioned BIOS version is not listed anymore on the Drivers & downloads page. Is there a problem with the BIOS, has it been withdrawn, should I roll back to the earlier version? Anyone?

@tadream the BIOS is still showing on the support site for me when I checked there - https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=137w1&oscode=wt64a&productcode=latitude-13-7390-laptop

To answer your question, if we do pull a driver/BIOS update it will be down to an issue that was not picked up during the validation and testing phase.

With regards to rolling back, it all depends on the reason you updated the BIOS and if you are experiencing any negative issues as a result of updating it. When it does get pulled, normally the reworked version of that BIOS is released very soon after and at that point we would recommend updating to that version.

Alan

3 Posts

May 3rd, 2019 07:00

Thanks Alan, did that already. :)
No Events found!