Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

4 Posts

July 29th, 2020 19:00

Latitude 3410 and 3510 Audio Jack Problem

We recently bought hundreds of Latitude 3410 and 3510 for our college and the 3.5mm audio jack is causing us problems. The headphones are not detected by the system after unplugging and plugging them back in. A reboot while they are plugged in is required for the system to detect them once more and for sound to come out of them.

No audio driver containing the fix from Dell for this issue seems to yet be available for these models, like what you are offerng for other models (i. e. https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ca/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=2grmm 

Any way that we could get an official updated Realtek Audio Driver package compatible with the Latitude 3410 and 3510 models that includes the fix concerning the headphones?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 21st, 2022 07:00

Update = For user ognjen11211, DELL-Cares setup a motherboard replacement which fixed the issue.

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

August 5th, 2020 11:00

In case anyone has a similar issue to resolve this please do the following: 

- Go to Device Manager and look for the Realtek Audio driver. Uninstall it and make sure to check the delete software box. 

- After this has been uninstalled, next install the audio driver from the Dell Support website at this link. When the Support Site loads you will need to enter the Service Tag of the system in the Search Support bar (hit enter/click search) and then click on Drivers and Downloads for the system (please make sure the correct system model/tag is displayed). Then change the category to Audio and download/install the Realtek HD audio driver.

-Once the driver has been installed right click on Start and select Task Manager. Within Task Manager click the Startup Tab and make sure to enable Waves MaxxAudio.

The audio jack should now be working as designed. 

October 9th, 2020 08:00

this does not fix the problem. I've done it 3 times now and nothing helps. I can't get the jack mic to work.

4 Posts

October 12th, 2020 02:00

You have to install the Windows Store app "Waves MaxxAudio Pro for Dell":

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nb9srtl2kpt

When connecting a headphone you'll be asked what you want to do. If you select the right option the audio jack mic will be used.

Why are things so complicated nowadays?

October 13th, 2020 10:00

Nice that I spelled my own nickname wrong.

October 13th, 2020 10:00

I did this too. No dice. Maybe I just got a batch of laptops with dead mic jacks. Sadly, I don't have time for this kind of thing. I need to get them into user hands, so I am purchasing USB sound cards and advising my org against Dells until they simplify their audio set up.

CRH

October 29th, 2020 07:00

I have a workaround for this issue. Manually restarting the Realtek Audio Universal Service fixes the issue until the system is rebooted.

I've resorted to using Task Scheduler to run a .bat file on boot that restarts the Realtek Audio service.

October 30th, 2020 09:00

I till try this for sure! thanks!

1 Message

November 2nd, 2020 08:00

Can i have a exemple of your batch file mine doesn't work 

November 6th, 2020 01:00

My batch file is as follows:

net stop RtkAudioUniversalService /y
net start RtkAudioUniversalService

1 Message

November 19th, 2020 13:00

Same problem here, earphones will work but no microphone ever does. We've tried different headsets (Logitech, Jabra, Apple, ...) and none works.

January 20th, 2021 04:00

Same issue with me also we also have 100 of 3410 laptop recently but Audio jack microphone not plugin showing but speaker working fine. update Driver,BIOS, Windows 10 Version all things but no luck and also Waves MaxxAudio Pro not showing on Microsoft store.

6 Posts

January 27th, 2021 11:00

Hi, this does not work. Tried twice and no joy. Kindly inform me if there is a working solution

Cheers

1 Message

February 26th, 2021 23:00

I am facing the Same issue in the same model

March 24th, 2021 03:00

Excellent @redsleeve !!!  
You caught it right instead of DELL Support.
After Downloading "Wave Maxx Audio Pro for Dell" from store, just launch it.
Plug in your favorite headset with mic and you need to select "Headset" and any of subtype (Bud / In-Ear / On-Ear) and you are done 
Actually Realtek used to have GUI software which comes along with audio driver to do this.
But it stopped shipping it along the audio driver these days for which I have no Idea.
Why Dell being a big reliable player in business laptop segment is still using unreliable audio device vendor who doesn't provide a way to use to the hardware which is present in laptop 

No Events found!