Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 27th, 2018 21:00

Latitude 3590 Slow

I just got 4 new Latitude 3590's in. I've been using Latitudes at every generation.... All have worked great.

The 3590's I ordered with the M.2 256GB SSD, 16GB DDR4, 1080P Screen.

The performance will be very snappy at times and then the next screen will take 10 seconds to load. The fan is also very loud at times. I've never had issues with Latitudes in the past but all 4 of the 3590's are behaving the same. I even took one of them and wiped it clean and installed a fresh install of 10 PRO and the same results. Is anyone else having issues? I am dreading dropping these off with my client when the performance feels like a downgrade. 

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

March 27th, 2018 22:00

When you say the “next screen” can take 10 seconds to load, what are these “screens”? Any indication in Task Manager which subsystem is being overloaded, i.e. CPU or disk? If the slowdowns are correlated with the fans, I’m wondering if maybe the CPU is going into thermal throttling when it shouldn’t be, perhaps because thermal paste was applied improperly at the factory? If they were all built at the same time I guess the same problem could have been created on all of them, and Dell has never been great about thermal paste application in general. Task Manager shows the current operating frequency of the CPU, so it would be easy to see if your slowdown periods correlate with reduced CPU speeds.

March 28th, 2018 06:00

Overall it looks good (for overloads), 1% disk, 17% memory, 2% cpu (with a few things open),.... I opened random programs and when opening Spotify the program "Waves MaxxAudio Service Application" opened 2x and is using 50% of CPU causing fans to rev up. 

1 Message

May 21st, 2018 03:00

Same laptop, same issue. No hard resource usage with regards to RAM (~70%), CPU (15-30%) or SSD (idle) but the notebook gets extreme 'lags' for around 30 seconds. I notice it quite frequently when working with Visual Studio 2017 and Roslyn tries to analyze the code.

1 Message

October 26th, 2018 16:00

I am experiencing similar issues.  It is almost unusable at times.  The hard disk constantly running and takes 5 seconds to switch between browser tabs.  I  am still pimarily using my 7 year old latitude notebook because it's so much faster.  A Core 2 is outperforming an  i5.  It's terrible Dell.

19 Posts

October 20th, 2020 18:00

Mine has an I7-8550U processor but at only 1.80Ghz.  It really is a sad situation which seems to be getting worse with Windows 10 updates. 

No Events found!