Latitude

Last reply by 07-18-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Latitude 5480 TPM Device Not Detected Error

Hi,

We are having issues with several 5480 laptops giving the error "Alert! TPM device is not detected" on start up.

This has started on all these laptops after updating the bios to the latest version. 

We have tried many troubleshooting techniques but nothing shows in the bios settings to disable/enable it, TPM cant be found with in the windows utility and PowerShell says "The Device Is Not Ready" when running any TPM related command

If anyone has a fix for this or Dell can fix this issue in the next BIOS update that would be appreciated. 

Many Thanks

Ashley Foster

Corporate IT Apprentice at ESG GLOBAL

Replies (22)

Hello, we see you are looking for assistance. Click our DELL-Cares username, on the right click, "Send this user a private message". Provide to us the private Dell PC Service Tag. If you need assistance finding your Service Tag, click here.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

You can use "Dell Command Configure Wizard" and generate a package for your configuration

F.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Just want to add new inquiry regarding this thread. I recently got a refurbished Dell Latitude E5480 and i had experienced the same problem with TPM not visible in bios. I have already followed some steps from basic to complex and even compare problems with other brands but to no avail.

I wonder if someone was able to figure out whats going on. 

jpibofficial_0-1658188912596.png

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor