Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

9 Posts

October 31st, 2021 20:00

Latitude 5480 will not update BIOS

I have a Latitude 5480 with a clean install of Windows 10 Pro.  The BIOS will not update to the latest version, the BIOS is currently 2 versions behind.  I've tried to update via running the BIOS exe within Windows, using the Dell Command Update application within Windows and via USB at boot time.  There's no failure warning or prompts the laptop just reboots normally into Windows 10 without going through the usual BIOS install routine at reboot.

I've tried resetting the BIOS to factory default, disabling Intel Virtualization, disabling secure boot, temporarily changing to Legacy boot mode, trying to install just one BIOS version ahead, and disabling Fast Startup in Windows. 

I'm kind of at a loss, would anyone happen to have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• 

25.1K Posts

November 1st, 2021 14:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

9 Posts

November 1st, 2021 17:00

Sent.  The laptop is not under warranty.

1 Message

December 14th, 2021 06:00

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue. 

December 14th, 2021 08:00

You might check and make certain that Bitlocker is disabled when downloading the BIOS file to your computer.  Bitlocker can interfere with BIOS installation.  

Steve

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 17th, 2024 10:38

A have the same issue. I can't update my 5480 from 1.33 to 1.35
It doesn't show any errors. Nothing just happens. And windows starts again normally.

(edited)

No Events found!