Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

November 27th, 2019 11:00

Latitude 7290 + WD15 Docking station

I bought a used Latitude 7290 + a used WD15 docking station but not working properly.

When the laptop boots up I got error message that says an undersized 60W power adapter is connected BUT this is not true, the WD15 came with a 180W power supply.

If I press F1 to ignore and continue boot process then the system properly boots up, Win10 gives error message the system slowly charging (but charging), the ports I already tried (HDMI, VGA, USB) are working.

I went through on FAQ for WD15, installed the latest BIOS and drivers.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

December 1st, 2019 11:00

When the WD15 has a 180W power supply attached, it can pass up to 130W to the attached system, although not all systems will actually try to draw that much.  I'm actually surprised that a 12-inch Latitude 7290 requires more than 60W.  Anyway, this problem has been reported on the forums before, and it always comes down to either a bad WD15 dock unit or a bad dock power supply.  If you happen to have access to another dock and/or power supply, you can figure out which one is the culprit.  Otherwise, it might be easier to just exchange the whole setup if possible.

No Events found!