Unsolved

K

1 Message

October 6th, 2022 12:00

Latitude 7320 fails to start up from hibernation every ~3rd time

Latitude 7320

Latitude 7320

Hi,

i usually put my Laptop in hibernate mode, in the hopes of getting it faster to work. this doesn't seem to work on several levels, i don't know why.

1, most annoyingly, every 3rd or 4th time i try to wake the laptop up (opening up the screen), i see the Dell logo with a "Please wait", then i have to choose a language, then i have to choose my keyboard, and then i have the option of troubleshooting or shutting down. after shut down, the machine starts normally. this is extremely annoying, especially when i am in a hurry on the job. and it happens even if i don't move the laptop between hibernate and wake up. see attached pictures. what could it be? (if i click on troubleshoot, the system makes a check, doesn't find anything odd and shuts down).

2, as far as i understood, the hibernation should keep the software running, ie the browser etc., but it doesn't. i have to reopen them again. why is this?

i am on Win10pro, all the updates, both problems persist since pretty much a year and i was not able to find any help elsewhere.

generally i would love my machine to act on wake-up like MacBooks do, i had one in 2011 but i don't like Apples philosophy very much and the hardware failed on me.

Thank you very much for any hints, links or tips.first..first..then..then....after that....after that....finally...finally. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 6th, 2023 06:00

Verify that both Settings- Date and Time and Settings- Language state English United States.

No Events found!