Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

5 Posts

October 10th, 2019 20:00

Latitude 7400 Won't Display via WD19 Dock

I have a brand new Latitude 7400 2 in 1 and a WD19 dock. I have 2 Dell P2414H monitors hooked into the dock via DisplayPort cables, but they won't display. They just immediately go into power save mode. I've tried updating drivers/bios, but, even though I'm now at the latest on the latitude, the issue remains.

There's 2 USB-C ports on the latitude. I believe both can do DisplayPort over USB-C, but, I've tried switching between them, and it didn't matter.

Has anyone come across this? Thanks in advance.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

October 11th, 2019 12:00

Just to rule out a simple possible cause, have you used the displays' on-screen menu to set them to the DisplayPort input?  I know that sounds trivial, but I ask because that was the problem with someone else I helped a while ago.  Otherwise, I use a Latitude 7400 non-2-in-1 with a WD19 just fine, and it should definitely work.  If you happen to have a USB-C to DisplayPort cable, try connecting one of the displays directly to the system to cut the dock out of the equation just as a test.  Otherwise, are other dock functions working, such as providing power to your system and the dock's USB ports?

No Events found!