Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

December 8th, 2022 13:00

Latitude 7530 USB NIC keeps disconnecting

I have a user that has a new Latitude 7530 and I have not been able to get this laptop to stay wired (Ethernet) despite using multiple USB-C hubs.

It seems to drop back to Wi-Fi randomly and then the user will need to disconnect the hub and plug it back in and it will work for X amount of time. I’ve used multiple USB-C hub brands and replaced the patch cable from the wall jack but can’t seem to figure out what’s going on here. There is no NIC so a hub is my only option. Drivers/BIOS are all up to date as of today. It’s really effecting MS Teams calls.

I came across this post here in which some users have had success with disabling the power settings on the USB NIC so I just did that under the advanced options and hope that will stick but curious to see if others are having this issue as well.

https://www.dell.com/community/Latitude/Intermittent-Ethernet-Wired-connection-Issue-in-Dell-Latitude/td-p/8068593/page/3

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

December 9th, 2022 07:00

Adjusting the power settings did not make a difference as it happened again this morning to that user.

No Events found!