Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

9 Posts

October 16th, 2018 06:00

Latitude E5410 Will not power on

This morning I connected the laptop to my docking station and the power switch did not illuminate.  The laptop seems to be completely dead. I checked the battery and the power adapter.  If I remove the laptop from the docking station and connect the adapter it still will not power on.  Any suggestions to get this PC to power up.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

October 16th, 2018 06:00

Unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall the memory modules and the hard drive.

Power up on AC only - no battery.  If it will, but not with the battery installed - replace the battery with a new one.

If it still won't power up, the mainboard is bad;  whether you want to spend what it'll cost to replace the board on this 8-year old system is up to you;  the money may be better spent on a new system.

May 3rd, 2021 04:00

I have the problem too. 

Unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall the memory modules and the hard drive not working

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

May 3rd, 2021 07:00

Running a hardware diagnostic test helps you identify and resolve a hardware issue. Dell laptops, desktops, all-in-ones, and Windows-based tablets have a built-in diagnostic test called the Dell SupportAssist Pre Boot System Assessment or Dell Enhanced Pre-Boot System Assessment (ePSA).

No Events found!