Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

3 Posts

September 18th, 2019 03:00

Latitude E6330 not turning on only blinking white

I used my laptop to watch a movie and then I shut it down. The next day, I wanted to use my laptop for project and it's not turning on. The battery led constantly blinking white only. I have tried to on with AC charger only but battery led still blinking white, only white. Please, what could be the problem?

September 18th, 2019 10:00

Hi @Kykyblaze

Welcome to the Dell Community!

Blinking white battery LED indicates the adapter connected to the system is either non Dell or non compatible. Could you please confirm if you are using Dell compatible ac adapter? You may try reseating the AC adapter or try a 'known good' adapter - if the fault follows with the adapter it may need a replacement. 

If the adapter is ruled out then, the second thing to consider is if the storage and wireless LEDs are off while battery LED is blinking. You may refer E6330 Manual page # 74 for LEDs location and their pattern or see below snapshot. These LEDs will help us identify what could be the failure. Let me know your findings based on that we can check what next can be done. 

LEDs.JPG

Dell-Tabassum M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

3 Posts

September 18th, 2019 15:00

Base on the LEDs Storage: on Battery Status: Blinking White Wifi: on I tried reseating the charger, my laptop is still not turning on, battery status is blinking

September 22nd, 2019 15:00

Hi @Kykyblaze

Sorry for the delay in reply. If the storage LED is solid (ON) Wifi - solid (ON) and only power/battery LED Is blinking then it could be an issue with the memory. E6330 has 2 memory slots. You may try reseating memory and testing with one memory module at a time. Test each memory stick in one slot at a time and then use the same stick to test in the second slot. Follow the same step with the second memory module. By doing so you will be able to rule out if it is the memory module which is causing this issue or the memory slot on the motherboard which is faulty. Please refer user manual https://dell.to/1VNzAga page # 24 on instructions on how to remove and install memory. 

You may also refer https://dell.to/2mpZmAI (Hardware Troubleshooting section) or details on troubleshooting memory issues on notebook. 

Dell-Tabassum M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

3 Posts

September 23rd, 2019 11:00

Thanks for your respond. I tried the memory module switching, and my laptop didn't boot. I also tried a different laptop memory module, it still didn't boot. But the LCD built-in self test mode works

September 24th, 2019 16:00

Hi @Kykyblaze

Thank you for trying the recommended steps. If the LCD test passed it confirms the LCD is working fine. If the known good memory modules didn't work on this system I suspect an issue with the motherboard or the memory slots of the motherboard. I would suggest get the system checked by a local technician or visit nearest Dell Authorized service partners if available in your region. Looking at the age of the system it might be out of warranty. However, please use this link to check for warranty status. Incase it is in warranty, feel free to private message me the service tag I will be glad to check for repair options. If the system is out warranty then you may refer select your region to locate the nearest Dell partner service. Feel free to reply if you have any other questions. 

Dell-Tabassum M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

2 Posts

November 17th, 2020 21:00

Hello mine is  Latitude e6400 It didn't boot at first later after removing the battery and putting it back it worked but the led light is blinking. Thanks 

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

June 24th, 2024 15:53

Clean the ram and ram socket.

No Events found!