Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 11th, 2020 10:00

Latitude E6530

Hi.

I bought the intel 7260 ac hm to upgrade my old one but the card has a problem and finaly I saw that this card is discontinued so I'm looking for an upgrade, and in my laptop I have 2 slots, wlan and 1/2 mini.

Do you have an advice ?

Thanks 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 11th, 2020 13:00

Buy a usb network adapter instead of trying to replace the internal one that might not be removable. Disable the onboard adapter after installing the new usb one. 

29 Posts

March 11th, 2020 13:00

Please could you give the best one, quality price.

Which works great 2.4 and 5ghz..

AC etc.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

March 11th, 2020 14:00

@ninjanoir78  I would actually recommend that you just try to find a working Intel 7260.  @Mary G  always tells people who ask questions like this to buy a USB network adapter, but they're not nearly as convenient.  They permanently occupy a USB port, and then you have the dilemma of having to either use an adapter that's small enough to be convenient but which therefore has weak antennas, or else have a USB adapter that has larger external antennas (usually on a stand and attached to the adapter with a wire) but is therefore much less portable.  The benefit of an internal card is that you don't sacrifice any USB ports and you get to take advantage of the large antennas that are built into the laptop's display assembly.  The Intel 7260 is a great choice, and it's still pretty easy to find online even though it's been discontinued.

No Events found!