Unsolved

H

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

September 6th, 2020 21:00

Latitude E7470 Sim card slot don't recognize the sim

Hi,

My laptop (Dell latitude E7470) has a sim slot and wwan card. Previously I still have access to the internet with a 4g sim. But now I cannot access the internet because the sim slot don't recognize the sim. I guess the sim slot has a problem because in one sim change the sim got stuck in the slot, it took a while to remove the sim tray.

What should I do now?

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

September 7th, 2020 07:00

Next step would be to check the SIM card contacts inside the system, which appear to be on the system board.  

Unfortunately, if they're damaged, it doesn't appear the reader is a separate part - so you'll then need to decide whether to change to an external WWAN adapter, which will likely be far less expensive than replacing the system board, which is the other option.

Service manual

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/latitude-e7470-ultrabook/docs

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

September 8th, 2020 18:00

Next step would be to check the SIM card contacts inside the system, which appear to be on the system board.

How to check this?

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

September 9th, 2020 05:00

From the looks of it, the system board needs to be removed.  Details are in the service manual linked above.

No Events found!