Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

May 20th, 2018 05:00

Latitude XT3 Pen&Touch screen stops working in Win10 1803

I've got a Latitude XT3 that was running Win10 (64bit) 1709 perfectly. But since I upgraded to 1803 pen and touchscreen both not working. Both work as soon as Windows is started up but stop working within a minute or so.

In device manager, both "N-trig DuoSense MultiTouch HID" and "N-trig DuoSense Pen HID" is coming up with "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems(Code 43).

I've removed the drivers and reinstalled with no change. Unfortunately, I'm unable to roll back to 1709 as its over 10 days since I went to 1803. I've also reset the PC with no change.

Event viewer shows following System Errors:

20180520_202710.jpg20180520_202817.jpg

Any idea how this can be fixed?

1 Message

February 25th, 2020 14:00

I installed a clean (not an update) Windows 10, version 1909 on my XT3.  After the installation, the touch screen was working fine (didn't test multi-touch). After running Windows update, a Multitouch driver was apparently updated and caused the issues everyone is referring to. I went to device manager and under the properties of the driver with multitouch in its name, I rolled it back.  After the roll back, the driver with multitouch in its name was no longer there and the touch screen works again. I tested multi-touch in paint and it seems to work fine. I did not test with the pen as I have never used it and the battery is probably dead. It also continues to work following sleep or hibernate. I did not install any drivers from Dell, so whatever is installed came from Windows 10. My bios version is updated to 14 as well. Just thought you all would like to know.

1 Message

December 3rd, 2020 09:00

I was having similar proglems with my ancient xt2 n trig was working on older revisions of windows 10 and 7 but not on the newer ones and i had aditional problem that when it worked i only had drag but no touch click (the action bubble was showing on screen though)

the solution to it was installing windows 7 on separate harddrive and updating dell newest windows 7 drivers from 2012 which included firmware update to the screen!! update driver package did not work on windows 10 though

regardless of dell provided driver not working on windows 10 firmware that was updated to the screen on windows 7 did something with the screen itself because i initially had no touch at all :] but rolling back to hid generic driver made it work better than i expected, noisy , but blazing fast

that on xt2, my xt3 i bought recentyly used so far has no issues with the screen whatsoever it is also running windows 10 2004 (only this one is pro) and it has all n-trig duo sense drivers insytalled by the seller but pen and touchscreen are installed as generic hid drivers  so i guess there were issues with it also. xt3 digitizer isn't as fast or noisy as my xt2 though

i will investigate both further because it is something that was been bugging me on xt2 for almost 3 years now and i fixed it by accident and now i need to know what it did exactly

1 Message

May 1st, 2021 19:00

This fixed the problem. Thank you for posting.

No Events found!