Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

4 Posts

August 24th, 2021 00:00

Latitude 7480, alert TPM device is not detected

My Dell laptop (Latitude 7480) occasional displays

alert: TPM device is not detected

On boot, if it is turned off without power for 30 seconds then on rebooting the error is not displayed. If the error is displayed pressing F1 allows the laptop to boot.

How can I fix this issue?

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

March 11th, 2022 11:00

Helpful steps:

TPM Frequently Asked Questions for Windows 11

How to Troubleshoot and Resolve Common Issues with TPM (Trusted Platform Module) and BitLocker

Does my Dell PC support TPM?
* Press Windows + R
* Type tpm.msc [press Enter]
- If you see a “Compatible TPM cannot be found” message, your PC does not have TPM
- If you see information about the TPM in the PC including which TPM specification version your chip supports, your PC does have a TPM

Check the BIOS
* Restart the PC
* Press F2 to enter the BIOS
* Go to Security
- TPM Security --> TPM On
or
- PTT Security --> PTT On
or
- Intel Platform Trust Technology On --> On

If still inside the purchased warranty period and need more assistance, click the "Get Help Now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.

(edited)

January 10th, 2022 11:00

For future readers,

After reading this and getting an error on the "diable-tpmautoprovisioning" cmdlet, I removed the main battery as well as the CMOS battery, held the powerbutton to get rid of lingering power, plugged batteries back in, loaded into BIOS.

Magically, I could see my TPM setting under the security tab again.

1 Message

February 22nd, 2022 10:00

Thank you for the suggestion.

1. I turned the laptop off

2. Unplugged this form the docking station

3. Waited 30 seconds(or more, I didn't exactly count the seconds)

4. Turn this back on.

The laptop loaded very fast and no more TPM error. I restarted the laptop one more time to test. Everything went fine. 

February 23rd, 2022 06:00

Can anyone PLEASE explain how to actually update this? All I see is "update the bios" okay, how? EXACT steps please because all that I have are .exe's from the site. I cannot boot, so how do I install from bios? I have not done this before and is frustrating seeing no one actually explain how to install these exe's when I cannot get anywhere BUT to the bios and diagnostics. Boot Screen comes up when I power on - no tpm found. 

Thank you

No Events found!