Unsolved

V

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

June 15th, 2020 01:00

error code: 0xA00f4244

Hi all

I have a LATITUDE E6230 Dell laptop. Originally Windows 7 but I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago.

Camera has never had any issues. All of sudden last week it just went blank and I then got the error message

"We can't find your camera - check to make sure its installed properly and it's not being blocked by any anti virus software. and your camera drivers are up to date.

error code: 0xA00f4244

I saw a thread about this already on the forum and that person said go into bios and check the camera is enable  - there's was not. mine was already checked however so nothing i could do.

the other thing I thought I would try is see the driver in control panel. i am not a computer expert but basically found camera in the device list - under "hidden". and then it said it was already up to date

then i thought I would uninstall it - and see if i can find the driver again to install but I cannot find it on dell website and now im still getting the same error message but worried i have no drivers at all now so it may not even start working by itself again without the driver

please can someone help as i really need the camera for work. it's an old laptop i know but what's annoying is it has always worked so why problem now

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

June 15th, 2020 02:00

PS - i should add that when I installed "Slack" as part of a new job - that's the day it randomly stopped working half way through a call (not sure if connceted)

today after updating Symantec - the camera started working on a SLACK call randomly

Yet on the CAMERA app itself - i have the same error message as before. is this cos I deleted drivers? i have no idea.

Then on my next Slack call - it again went back to saying no camera recognised!!

This is so strange can anybody advise please??

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

June 15th, 2020 07:00

Go online and make sure you have all the latest drivers especially the chipset.

And if your BIOS is out of date you may want to update that although updating BIOS is always a bit risky.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

June 16th, 2020 02:00

the check on the Dell website said I am up to date

they had nothing specific when i searched for camera however....

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

June 17th, 2020 01:00

i think it could be due to anti virus ?

can someone help please?

2 Posts

June 17th, 2020 05:00

We also had this problem and the camera wasn't even showing up in the Device Manager. Turned out that it was disabled in the BIOS. Once enabled everything worked fine.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

June 17th, 2020 08:00

i have it showing in device manager  - albeit HIDDEN

Status is as follows:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

I have gone into BIOS and it's definitely enable - i cant understand what is going on?!!!

can anybody help please?

2 Posts

June 18th, 2020 03:00

today i have 1 case. cam and cam cable issue.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

June 22nd, 2020 00:00

this really is such an annoying error

if anybody can please advise i would be very grateful

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

June 30th, 2020 01:00

is anybody able to help please 

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

June 30th, 2020 08:00

Don't know what to tell you.  It could be that the webcam connector cable is not connected.

I had a E6230 that I sold. The webcam worked fine with Windows 10.

No Events found!