Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 23rd, 2020 22:00

error message, 0xA00f4244 no camera available

With the current social distancing protocols in place many of us have to start using our integrated webcams. DELL, please fix this error message, "0xA00f4244 no camera available". When I try to use mine I receive the error message that my camera cannot be found.  Please see the below attempts and come up with a patch to fix this: 

1 my antivirus is off not causing the problem 

2 camera does not show in device manager. repeat there it is clear how to reinstall drivers if camera is not showing in device manager. scan for hardware changes does nothing 

3 USB root kit deletion does not work 

4. the driver for this is nowhere to be found. I did go ahead and update my windows and BIOS drivers 

5. the privacy settings changing the slide tab to allow does not work 

6. The reset in the windows app store does not work or the troubleshooter 

Who is the camera manufacturer? How will I ever know?

Please try to solve this problem.

1 Message

June 2nd, 2020 17:00

@trygveah 
thanks a lot! 

have all the same issues listed here, and my problem was in the BIOs. Had the integrated cam unchecked, now everything's back to normal. 

hope that is th same solution for you'all

5.6K Posts

March 24th, 2020 06:00

Is it a Hidden Device in Device Manager?

Which laptop model?

Which OS?

12 Posts

March 24th, 2020 08:00

Latitude e7440 

Latitude e7440   dell service tag 

Windows 10 

the integrated webcam is not in device manager....its not there after restarting//// its not hidden // its not there after scan for hardware changes / its just not there and cant be located 

Windows 10 

the integrated webcam is not in device manager....its not there after restarting//// its not hidden // its not there after scan for hardware changes / its just not there and cant be located 

this problem is everywhere on the web 

5.6K Posts

March 24th, 2020 09:00

see if https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El8ma1VLBj4  is useful; be sure to read the comment

12 Posts

March 24th, 2020 18:00

Dell just responded to me ...let me know Im out of warranty and wont help out on the webcam as myself and Im sure others now have to use our webcams which we have not used in years. They dont work. Thanks for all your help DELL during this difficult time for everybody due to this Covid-19 outbreak 

12 Posts

March 24th, 2020 18:00

not really a solution ... you are telling me to replace the integrated webcam? 

12 Posts

March 24th, 2020 19:00

where did you get the drivers from to download

5.6K Posts

March 24th, 2020 19:00

@juggler1972 wrote:

not really a solution ... you are telling me to replace the integrated webcam? 

No, I am telling to check that the webcam is properly connected.

That's the only explanation I can think of for it not to be seen in Device Manager.

I have had webcam issues when installing Windows 10 on used laptops I purchased on eBay, but they were always solved with the correct driver.

12 Posts

March 25th, 2020 19:00

any help here?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 25th, 2020 20:00

I got the drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Where did you get yours?

1 Message

March 25th, 2020 21:00

Hello,

There are several possibilities for this type of error.

Check out each of the following points and fix them.

1: Disable Antivirus and Firewall

2:  Try to Rollback Webcam Driver

3: Reset Camera App to Default Settings

4: ...& 1 of the basic thing make sure the camera is turned ON

Those are the common issues for Windows 10 Users.

2 Posts

March 26th, 2020 07:00

My laptop is less than 4 months old and is having the same issue. It's their fault, they should fix it.

2 Posts

March 26th, 2020 07:00

These "solutions" have already been ruled out (see initial post). Dell needs to fix this problem. I received the same error message and my laptop is less than 4 months old. If I buy a laptop with a camera, I expect to use it regardless of what updates I receive. 

12 Posts

March 29th, 2020 07:00

If you can’t see the camera in device manger there is no driver to rollback !

how about some support dell google the error message, 0xA00f4244 and see how many responses there are. Lots of people with the same error.

12 Posts

March 29th, 2020 07:00

No help here 

How do you know who is the manufacturer of your webcam?

No Events found!