Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

March 15th, 2018 04:00

iso image Windows7

Hello!

On my laptop Dell latitude E6430 broke hdd.

bought a new one. Where can I download the image of Windows 7?

S/N: 

last group of key symbols is: -TRD2P

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

March 15th, 2018 04:00

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

March 15th, 2018 10:00

You can get the Dell Windows 7 Professional Skylake Reinstallation .iso using the Dell OS Recovery Tool. Alternatively you can clean install Windows 10 Pro using your Windows 7 Pro OEM Key. See here for more details:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-oem-faqs-and-downloads/

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

March 15th, 2018 12:00

The E5430 is much older than Skylake - it's Ivy Bridge, from 2012-2013.  Dell has never made Windows 7 available for download on these.

If you do want Windows 7 on the system, you will need to purchase a Dell recovery disc - they are out there (try EBay, etc.) for purchase - but Microsoft (and by extension, Dell) no longer ships these.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

March 15th, 2018 15:00

If you have the Windows 7 product key for that system, you can download Windows 7 directly from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

March 15th, 2018 21:00

Thank you very much for your advice!

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

March 16th, 2018 02:00

@ejn63 Dell recently made a lot more Service Tags compatible with the Dell OS Recovery Tool particularly business models shipped with Windows 7 Pro. In my testing it works on system's as old as the OptiPlex x90 and Latitude Exx20, so a Exx30 should work.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

March 20th, 2018 22:00

Thanks for all! I did it!  :)

1 Message

February 26th, 2019 07:00

Whenever I input the Service Tag ID into the Dell OS Recovery Tool, IT SAYS "No OS images defined for the product.". I have verified this is a valid ST (S/N) by typing it in the Dell Support page. How else can I go about downloading a Windows 7 Home Premium disk? I still have the MS Product sticker that came with the laptop.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

February 26th, 2019 09:00

Dell only offer Downloads for Windows 7 Professional and not Windows 7 Home Premium. There are workarounds to get the ISO but it is not worthwhile bothering as Windows 7 reaches End of Life in less than a year.

You Windows 7 Home Premium Product Key will work with Windows 10 Version 1809 Installation Media (the free upgrade still works with Windows 7 keys, despite Microsoft's initial 1 year marketing). See here for details:

https://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-10/ 

3 Posts

March 28th, 2021 21:00

If you need a Dell OS that originally came on the computer. If you don't have one, you can get it here:

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

The images are hosted by Digital River, who also run the Microsoft Store. So there's no legal issue here, and you can also be sure that the disks haven't been tampered with.

It is march 2021 and I just got one and put it on my old E6410 after finding out I waited too long to revert back to Win 7 after installing Win 10 which ended up causing problems.  this is how to use the ISO:

Install the Dell Recovery Tool, go to your program menu and click on "Recovery Tool" (do not click on the shortcut created on your desktop)

When the Recovery tool starts, point it to the ISO of the Dell OS that originally came on the computer. If you don't have one, you can get it here:

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

The images are hosted by Digital River, who also run the Microsoft Store. So there's no legal issue here, and you can also be sure that the disks haven't been tampered with.

Put the ISO on a 16GB USB flash drive (its too big for a dvd),

If your Flash drive says the ISO is too big, that means it has the FAT 32 system and won't take file sizes larger than 4GB, so simply reformat the Flash drive-choose NTFS instead, leave all the settings alone but make sure the quick choice is checked. 

Have another Flashdrive, this one a blank 16gb USB flash drive.

Go back to the Dell Recovery Tool, point to the Flash drive with the ISO on it, hit next. Now point to the Blank Flash drive and click to start burning. It will create a bootable flash drive ready to reinstall your Dell OS.

Restart your computer, hitting F12 until the one time boot menu comes up and if you have an older laptop, choose the Bootable USB Flash drive under the Legacy Bios choice.

I just did this tonight, I thought I was going to have to trash my old Latitude E6410 after installing Win 10 and waiting until after 30 days to really test it out. I found out that Win 10 randomly crashes this old but faithful laptop. I could not revert back, and then I found out that the back up image I had created for it years ago didnt work. Thanks to these tools and thanks to Digital River, my laptop is as good as new.

No Events found!