Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

February 13th, 2019 20:00

Dell Xps 13 9380 Developer Edition - Dell packages

Hi,

I am new to this forum so might be asking a question which is already answered(did a couple of searches and didnt find anything). I am planning to do a fresh install with the ubuntu minimal installation disk and was wondering how do i install the various proprietary dell packages that came with the system.

Thanks.

77 Posts

June 5th, 2020 03:00

Those programs come with the preloaded Ubuntu images, and the OEM restoration disk you can produce from the machine, or by using the Dell image downloader/burner to USB when you give it the number etched below your machine.

Those packages are in repositories and you will need to find someone that has a 9380 and is using a OEM preloaded Ubuntu to get the links from their /etc/apt/sources.list

Also, I think (but I am not sure) that those OEM and preloaded Dell programs are to be used by persons that bought the laptops directly loaded with Ubuntu. If your machine did not come preloaded with Ubuntu there might be a licence issue regarding those Dell programs to be allowed to install and use those.

No Events found!