Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

July 24th, 2018 04:00

Dell xps 13 9370 Developer edition in Russia

Hello,

I've read the dell XPS 9370 2018 dev edition announcement. I not need win 10 any version, I can't order xps from dell site. However I've contacted one of russian resellers and they told me that xps 13 9370 developer edition is not sold in Russia. Does anybody managed to get it in Russia ? Maybe I can contact Dell in Russia directly somehow ? Is it available at all here ? Be good if xps have Russian keyboard. In this post I ask Barton George about contacts of Dell https://www.dell.com/community/Linux-Developer-Systems/Get-dell-xps-9370-dev-edition-in-russia/m-p/6056225/highlight/false#M8420  

But I not receive any answers.

August 20th, 2018 07:00

Hello @Er1in1,

I managed to get it in Russia with russian keyboard. Note however that at least for me the process of buying and getting it took some time. Barton George was so kind that he found a sales manager in dell russia who was able to arrange my laptop to an other order. This manager asked one of big russian resellers to order laptop for me. They contacted me and asked if configuration from dell is ok, price is ok and so on, they asked me to pay around 80% percent of order price ahead (I was totally fine with this, cause linux laptops are rare and I can imagine there issues if they would have to resell it to somebody else). After a month or so my laptop arrived to Moscow. I live in Saint Petersburg, so I went to Moscow to get it. I also ordered an external battery with it, it arrived a few weeks later. So, all together it took around two month to get the laptop. Was it worth it? Yes! I'm a linux guy, so seeing ubuntu on a brand new laptop that requires zero efforts from me to work on it felt like a dream coming true. This laptop is just perfect. Issues with linux keep happening from time to time of course. I think if you want to get one too, the best way is to continue pinging Barton from time to time and as soon as he will have time, he will help you. I asked the reseller who ordered laptop for me if it is possible to order linux laptops from them in future but they said that it's better if I contact dell instead, so I can't share a contact with you unfortunately. The reason is that they only work with other companies, not with individual customers, so it's hard for them to deal with such orders. Another option is to buy one somewhere in europe, though I haven't tried it myself. Good luck!

No Events found!