Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

August 31st, 2018 13:00

I want to get Ubuntu 16.04 recovery image for precision 5530

Hi,

I recently purchased Precision 5530 with Windows OS. I found that Ubuntu version is also available now. I confirmed that my hardware spec can be supported for Ubuntu from the customizing page (combination of I7 CPU, Intel wireless, and Nvidia Quadro P2000). Can you please let me download Ubuntu 16.04 recovery image for Precision 5530? I know I can install with vanilla Ubuntu image but I prefer Dell's customized one with prepackaged drivers and firmware. I'll take any risk from installing Ubuntu on my laptop.

Thanks,

Myungho

1 Message

September 10th, 2018 04:00

Were you able to obtain the recovery image? I'm having hard time finding the Ubuntu version of 5530 for sale in Finland and Dell sales reps don't answer my requests for contacts about it. Seems like they don't even want to sell it at all. :TongueTied: I'd like to get the Win version and install the Ubuntu with the recovery image, but I'm hesitant to do that if the image is not available.

I'm assuming that installing the recovery image to the win version results in identical configuration as with factory installed Ubuntu would.

5 Posts

September 10th, 2018 05:00

There are 2 possibilities:

1- Go there:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/drivers/osiso

Enter your service tag, and you should be offered to download the recovery ISO

2- Download and install Dell OS Recovery Tool (runs in Microsoft Windows only), enter your service tag and you should be offered to either download the recovery ISO, or build a bootable recovery USB key

No Events found!