Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

May 11th, 2019 15:00

Inspiron 15 3000-3573 with Ubuntu 18.04.2: no wifi on resume

Would be great to hear if anyone has already met and dealt with such issues, or has a general insight to this? Basically I can't get a wifi connection on 'resume' and am forced to reboot. I can see from dmesg a firmware crash message from the ath10k driver so that can't be right.

The device is a 'QCA9377  hw1.1' and I seem to have the latest available firmware (although the directory location suggests it might not be optimum for hw1.1 - /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/ ?):

$ ethtool -i wlp1s0

driver: ath10k_pci
version: 4.15.0-48-generic
firmware-version: WLAN.TF.2.1-00021-QCARMSWP-1

Some history:

The machine originally came with 16.04 pre-installed and a 1TB non-SSD. Wifi was 'tricksy' on resume but tolerable.  In search of shininess I updated to 18.04. Everything still fine. Next step was to replace with an SSD and that's when this issue came up.  I had little personal data at that stage so did not transfer over anything to the SSD. I'm wondering were there Dell-specific drivers on the original disk?

Chat

1 Message

June 4th, 2019 14:00

I've just installed it, but it seems the problems are over if you install linux kernel 4.19. it is not in the repositories yet, but you can install it using this tutorial: http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2018/10/linux-kernel-4-19-released-install-ubuntu/

My test is basically: install, reboot, close lid open it up after a few minutes and take it for a spin. Before this kernel it would crash in minutes and sometimes even every 2 minutes or so. 

edit: so far so good. I have been using this laptop for a day now, no problems. 

No Events found!