Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2016 20:00

Possible to make triple click on touchpad = middle click?

I tried the steps here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/130393/how-to-configure-the-touchpad-middle-click

but it did not work for me. Has anyone success with this?

1 Message

July 16th, 2016 10:00

for what it's worth: debain testing + xps 13 2016: dumping three fingers on the touchpad gives me a middle click...

no special setup was necessary.

26 Posts

July 16th, 2016 14:00

The procedure for enabling three-finger middle click seems to vary between using the synaptics driver or libinput for the touchpad.  The instructions posted above using synclient work with the synaptics driver but when I switched to libinput I adding Option "ClickMethod" "clickfinger" to my touchpad section in xorg.conf seemed to do the trick.

161 Posts

July 16th, 2016 16:00

The procedure for enabling three-finger middle click seems to vary between using the synaptics driver or libinput for the touchpad.  The instructions posted above using synclient work with the synaptics driver but when I switched to libinput I adding Option "ClickMethod" "clickfinger" to my touchpad section in xorg.conf seemed to do the trick.

Can you please give step-by-step instructions on how to do this? Thanks for the help!

26 Posts

July 17th, 2016 09:00

Here's a link explaining how to do this:

bartongeorge.net/.../

161 Posts

July 17th, 2016 15:00

Here's a link explaining how to do this:

bartongeorge.net/.../

Great thank you!

74 Posts

July 18th, 2016 11:00

at least with 9343 version, the synaptics driver has better experience for the touchpad compared to libinput one. The libinput one has problems starting to scroll. When you start a two-finger scroll, you have to drag quite a distance for the drag to start, slow/fine grained scrolling is very hard to do, as it is not really predictable when scrolling starts, and if it does at what speed. That experience is much better with synaptics driver.

Hopefully current libinput driver has better behavior in this regard.

No Events found!