Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2015 10:00

Trackpad/Suspend Fixed

Just thought I'd let everyone know Pro Support provided me with .deb packages that fixed my trackpad issues. I haven't used the computer enough to know if the suspend issue was fixed, but they did provide me with a .deb package that they claimed would fix it.

36 Posts

May 19th, 2015 12:00

I have a ProSupport meeting scheduled for Monday morning, so I will bring up these issues and ask them honestly what the status of this system is.  I, personally, don't care about the single-finger click issue, but the repeating keystrokes on the keyboard (while extremely infrequent) are quite annoying since I am mostly in Emacs and Shell prompts.

That said, I am writing these responses to this thread on the XPS 13 9343, so the keyboard issue is not frequent enough for me to stop use altogether.

Anything to report about that meeting?

May 19th, 2015 12:00

Yeah, they called me super late, but the long and short of it is that they recommended I wipe and install 15.04 base.  I am scheduled to do just that with them hand holding me to navigate the UEFI stuff and will report back on that process here when I can.

Currently, I am over here:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/os-applications/f/4613/p/19631886/20765604#20765604

Working on using the Ubuntu Enablement stack to try and upgrade my kernel with Trusty in place to see how that works.  I just upgraded from 3.13 to 3.16 and am no going to try to get to 3.19.

May 19th, 2015 13:00

I bought the Developer Edition.  Currently, I am on my second one (first one was RMA'd due to UEFI boot bricking).  This one has the backport .debs that "fixed" the trackpad issues but introduced/revealed keyboard issues.

That said, I just did an in-place upgrade to kernel 3.19 as outlined in the other thread linked above and I think it resolved all my issues.  I will be outlining my steps in case Dell Support wants some information.  I am willing to reset to Factory settings and try the process without the previously installed fixes because I think upgrading the kernel in place is actually the best outcome here for other Sputnik buyers.

350 Posts

May 19th, 2015 13:00

Oh, okay. Yes, that information would be helpful.

I'm sorry about all the issues you've been experiencing. Thank you for your patience.

May 19th, 2015 14:00

So I went ahead and did a Factory reset and did the upgrade.  I posted my steps here:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/os-applications/f/4613/t/19632562

My wireless is not working, but the other issues seem to have been resolved.  Is there a way for me to reinstall the Broadcom wireless drivers?

No Events found!