Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2009 04:00

Dell Recovery Media Creation

There's an issue about the recovery media creation which has confused me, now there are two questions I'd like to ask:

I. While it is possible to use the GRUB menu to reinstall Ubuntu, is there any need for making the recovery media right after receiving the system?

II. I'd like to know what exactly is included in this ISO image? (e.g. Not knowing the importance of creating this backup, I've modified some settings and added files to my "home" folder before creating it).

(I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 on Vostro 1015)

17 Posts

November 30th, 2009 04:00

What I'd recomend very highly is to back up all your personal files, download and create a copy of Ubuntu 9.10

reinstall your system with it. And enjoy. Please note that you may be required to first hook up to the net via the wired interface (RJ-45) port to download some drivers.

This is done automatically so don't worry too much. Just make sure u r connected.

Then restore all your old files.  I'd also recommend that you go to Ubuntu Software  Center and Install Flash and other software that  you may need.

I only needed some drivers which was done automatically after a few minutes of first  boot and after I configured my wireless, Flash as I mentioned above for you tube ;-)

Every thing else including the full open office suite.

Enjoy

The Hungry Wolf

PS if  you need help pls do not hesitate to contact me.

No Events found!