Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

4 Posts

December 18th, 2019 01:00

U2718Q, Linux Mint Ubuntu, 4K only 30Hz

Hello,

Dell only offers Windows support and drivers for this U2718Q. But, I have a problem with U2718Q monitor on 4K resolution. Only 30Hz is available under Linux Mint Ubuntu. Please help! Note that my Asus ROG notebook with U2718Q is working properly on 4k with 60Hz with Windows 10 out of the box without any changes. So it means that we have some issue on Linux level but we need to find out what is the problem. See all details here and here. Please HELP!

Thanks in Advance

4 Posts

December 23rd, 2019 00:00

Hello

Do we have any news about this issue? It's quite important one due to 30Hz is bad for the eyes.

Thanks in Advance

4 Posts

December 25th, 2019 15:00

Dell are you alive!?

I checked DELL U2718Q with my PC under 1)Open SUSE live cd, 2)latest UBUNTU  3)Linux MInt and I have the same issue - I can see that in monitor option I'm able to select 4k 60Hz but when selecting it monitor says - "no signal". With 4K 30Hz it is working ok under linux.  But the question why it is working under Windows 10 on 4K 60Hz with the same cable and etc... and does it means that it is not an issue with my PC?

DELL PLEASE TEST YOUR TOP MONITOR UNDER LINUX UBUNTU WITH 4K 60HZ.

4 Posts

December 28th, 2019 13:00

---------------------------
Re: You’ve received a private message from Dell Community Forum
Hi,   Thank you for posting. We offer assistance on the Windows platform and the scope of support is limited on the Linux Mint Ubuntu.  We hope the monitor works fine on the Windows operating system. I request you to reach out to the Ubuntu forums for further help.   Thanks Dell- Diksha K  
---------------------------

It's a pity, if no further answer then next time I will certainly select another one vendor and not DELL.

1 Message

February 29th, 2020 12:00

No Events found!