Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2007 18:00

hda-intel Inspiron 1420n No sound from speakers Please Help

Hi! What does a guy have to do in order to get the sound to work on another distro besides Ubuntu Feisty on the Dell Inspiron 1420n notebook? All I can get out of it from any distro (Arch, Opensuse 10.3 Beta, etc.) is no sound out of the built-in speakers, but I can plug in headphones and get sound. Now, I noticed when i re-installed feisty from the Dell reimage partition on my laptop, there are quite a few scripts that run during the reimagin process. What did Dell have to do to get this sound to work right?? I know it is possible to get working on other distros because you guys did it. I've been searching and editing and then searching more and editing and then rebooitng...and so on with nothing. I've tried the snd-hda-intel model=3stack modprobe options and that just made no sound at all. I've also done 5stack with also no sound at all. So, the best I can get right now is just using the distros defaults for the card and not tweaking any modprobe options and getting sound out the headphones, but no sound from the built-in speakers. What did Dell do to get this soundchip to work? I've been banging my head for a week now. Please PLEASSSEEE help me :) Thanks in advance!
No Responses!
No Events found!