Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 24th, 2009 19:00

operating sys

hi does any1 know wether or how get drivers software etc for an operating sys that started

off as Windows XP. Whilst using that OS my netbook minni9 had been back to dell having had

3 differnt issues.i will have had my netbook for a yr in feb next year.

So when for the 4th time i found i got probs i installed ubuntu 9.04,and have not had

any upsets yet. Anyway i want to use my webcam online and wondered about drivers so

i came to the dell site to see what if any suggestions it offered. when i look for drivers useing my

original service tag dell says i have critical updates available,do these apply whilst im using linux OS or............

please offer any help

32 Posts

August 28th, 2009 10:00

The best working install` we did with our Asus EeePc was using the latest Eeebuntu, webcam, wifi and everything worked. You may want to check on the Eeebuntu forums. Although they use Ubuntu9.04, they have special kernel hacks that work better with netbooks. It may be that all you need to do is change your software sources and have it use the updates from their repositories.

http://eeebuntu.org/

Once you remove windows from your computer, you are more or less on your own, I would not expect too much more from Dell, unless you used their customized linux installation disks, then you may find everything you need.

good luck

joe

No Events found!