Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2016 07:00

ESI 3.9 connection to VMAX3

Hi,

Trying to connect ESI3.9 to our new VMAX and get the following errors:

Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.

The underlying connection was closed.

Using admin to logon using SSL, It is being rejected at the VMAX end.

Any ideas?  do we need to add something that end?

Thanks in advance.

February 26th, 2016 09:00

Yep, we already connect to the vnx fine. At home now till Monday so can't check with tool. The vmax guy says he sees us connect ok then some ssl issue disconnects us. Thanks

13 Posts

February 26th, 2016 09:00

Do you have an SMI-S provider configured?  Can you connect to the VMAX using the testsmiprovider.exe tool?

Phil

13 Posts

February 26th, 2016 14:00

If you changed the port that SMI-S is listening on there is a procedure for creating a new SSL certificate. I've seen that cause these errors. Have a great weekend.

Sent from my Windows Phone

February 26th, 2016 14:00

Cheers Phil, will check Monday. Have a good one too. Cheers

February 29th, 2016 06:00

Hi Phil,

To clarify, we haven't changed anything, our server running EMC-SI 3.9 is monitoring VNX's on port 443 and VMAX on 5989.  Existing VNX is fine, adding the VMAX is having the issues.

Do we still need to create a new certificate?

Thanks.

March 4th, 2016 03:00

Hi Phil,

To clarify, we haven't changed anything, our server running EMC-SI 3.9 is monitoring VNX's on port 443 and VMAX on 5989.  Existing VNX is fine, adding the VMAX is

Do we still need to create a new certificate?  Can you point me at the doc to recreate please?

Thanks.

13 Posts

March 4th, 2016 11:00

ECOM.PNG.png

To figure out where your issue is try using a browser to connect to https://yoursmis:5989.   You should get the above response.  If not your SMI-S ECOM service is not running or you have a port conflict.  If you can connect to the server with a browser then the issue is with ESI.

March 7th, 2016 05:00

Thanks again Phil.  That works, I get the Welcome banner so it is ESI.

Error log attached.  I've amended IP addresses and some other bits for security. 

Cheers

1 Attachment

September 28th, 2016 04:00

Hi,

I am back on to looking at this.

Can you post a link for testsmiprovider.exe please.

Still have the issue above.

Thanks,

Sean

86 Posts

October 9th, 2016 22:00

Hi Sean, the testsmiprovider.exe comes built into Solutions Enabler 8.x and above and is added when you select the SMI-S Provider during the Solutions Enabler installation.

Regards, Michel.

No Events found!