Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

March 28th, 2017 17:00

DELL VENUE PRO 7139 CORE I 5 UPDATE BIOS IM CONFUSED

Hi

I recently upgrade my venue pro 7139 bios to A16 version.

I have the problem that its very hard to power on the device, i have to do the famous process "press power button ten seconds  then release and again ten seconds to power on", i think its like the tablet doesnt shut down complety , its like its on suspencion or hibernate o i dont know.

I found there are, for this model 7139, several Bios updates, A17 A18 A19 A20 A21. I expect  one of this fix my problem. I have downloaded several of this updates  and tried to install them , the system unpackage the files , ask me if i want to replace from a16 to a17 , then the system do the process , and reboot ,  but when the tablet reboot, and check my bios version , still shows as "A16 version" . 

The A16 version is the most recent  bios version ?? 

Someone can helpme to fix this problem? its very annoying do this every time i turn of the tablet.

Thanks for your help and excuse my english.

• 

17K Posts

March 30th, 2017 08:00

OCANO76,.

Update to the latest version of the bios, A21. Hopefully, it will resolve the issue. 

4 Posts

March 30th, 2017 09:00

Hi, im trying to update but i can´t. , i have run the 7139_A21 file , it seems to do the process , but when the tablet reboots, the bios infotmation, still shows like "A16" version.

Is there some tricks or different process to update bios? its locked? i see the bios information and isn´t password  protected, its fine all ..simply it don´t update bios.

sorry for my english if i have some gramatic mistakes.

No Events found!