Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2014 05:00

DVP 11 touch screen keyboard unresponsive since 20th Feb updates

Haven't seen anyone report this specific issue.
So though I would report it, to see if anyone else has noticed this, and/or see if future updates will resolve.

we have 4x7130 i3's and 2x7130 i5's.
Since installing new A10 BIOS, touch firmware and Graphics drivers released on 20th Feb, users have reported that the touch keyboard doesn't always respond.

This can mean missed letter from a word, or words completely missed. I don't think it is solely the keyboard, more like the touch screen having intermittent detection issues. But it is most noticeable using the touch keyboard.

This didn't seem to occur before the updates were applied.

11 Posts

March 7th, 2014 06:00

Yup, those are the issues we are experiencing.

31 Posts

March 7th, 2014 06:00

I have a video I made of this for reference.

31 Posts

March 7th, 2014 07:00

Did you update them in this order:

BIOS

Firmware

Drivers

I made that video just a few days after the updates came out, and that is what happened to mine. It speaks volumes that you have SIX of these units and all of them have problems like this after the update.

11 Posts

March 7th, 2014 07:00

Updates were applied in that order.

I have since read a thread on here somewhere that advised to install like this:

Firmware

BIOS

Drivers.

What difference that would make i really don't know.

Most of the time ours are used docked with external keyboard & mouse & screen connected. But one particular user is out & about all the time and this is a particular issue for him.

184 Posts

March 7th, 2014 08:00

I have the same problem you showed in your video with touch and Stylus A01.
DV11P 7130 i5.

1 Message

March 8th, 2014 16:00

I had the EXACT same problem with the touchscreen in my 7130 I5 after updating the firmware.  Really awful.  I found that disabling the touchscreen drivers in Device Manager, rebooting, then re-enabling the drivers in Device Manager seemed to help a bit, but it's only better AFTER windows is booted up fully.  At the login screen the input response is still hit or miss which is very frustrating.

If you decide to try this you must have a USB keyboard and mouse connected, because after you reboot the touchscreen will be disabled until you turn the drivers back on and reboot again.  In Device Manager you're looking for the two devices called I2C HID Device under the Human Interface Devices category.  Open one of them, go to the Driver tab and click the Disable button.  Repeat for the second I2C HID Device.  Reboot.  Log back in using your USB keyboard and mouse, then go back to Device Manager and re-enable both devices.  YMMV. 

Dell needs to fix the supposedly "fixed" touchscreen firmware.  I have already had to repeat this temporary workaround once, it doesn't seem to stick permanently. YMMV. Best of luck to all.

10 Posts

April 4th, 2014 06:00

I have not had an issue with this unless the thin keyboard is hooked up to the device. Is that the same as everyone else here?...I have found if I put the device to sleep and then wake it back up via the Windows button it seems to be pretty responsive but if I let the keyboard fold down wake it up I have issues.
No Events found!