Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

February 19th, 2015 04:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro 3000 won't turn on I tried the suggestions.

I just received the Venue Pro last month and have only had it turned on about 3 times.  I have tried the things listed - hold power for 10 seconds, then try.  The Dell symbol come on for about 2 seconds then the screen goes black and nothing happens.  The charger light is white.  I read that there is a BIos update, but I can't get it if it won't turn on.

February 19th, 2015 09:00

I just received the Venue Pro last month and have only had it turned on about 3 times.  I have tried the things listed - hold power for 10 seconds, then try.  The Dell symbol come on for about 2 seconds then the screen goes black and nothing happens.  The charger light is white.  I read that there is a BIos update, but I can't get it if it won't turn on.

The Dell symbol flash followed by the screen turning off is the normal behavior when the battery is critically low.  However, the LED should also show amber during this time, not white.  Do you see this same behavior after letting the unit charge for ~30mins?  If so, can you send me a personal message with your service tag number?

1 Message

November 1st, 2015 18:00

I'm sending mine back for the same problem.......for the third time. The Venue is used very little and very gently but the tech blamed the recurring problem on abuse.

I asked for a refund or a NEW Venue but they only will repair mine. The warranty is about up so the tech suggested buying the extended warranty.....fat chance of that happening.

No Events found!