Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 26th, 2012 22:00

Google Play on Dell Streak 5

Hi ya,

So google has the new Play stuff out. I'm looking to download an app available only in Google Play and not in the old Market. But .... I have no Google Play on my phone anywhere. I am running 2.2 (Froyo) and the Dell Streak is listed as a supported. Visiting google play in a browser does not list my device. The FAQ there explains I need to run the Google Play app from my phone first to get it to recognise the device. It then suggests contacting my device supplier if the app is not available on my phone. So I am, sort of ....    So does anyone know how to get this app onto my Streak ?

Thx

D

4 Posts

March 31st, 2012 18:00

OK so I know what the issue was now. It turns out that Market's cache data on the Streak was messed up. Following this post groups.google.com/.../forum I was able to get the Market app to start working properly again. After that the Google Play update occurred automatically as expected.

15 Posts

March 27th, 2012 12:00

My Dell Streak 5 automatically installed the new Google Play without asking one day. It was automatic. Don't know what your phone is doing.

4 Posts

March 27th, 2012 19:00

Thanx for the info - so at least I know it should be working. I am talking to Google. I suspect perhaps my google acct is in some funny state. We'll see.

500 Posts

April 10th, 2012 16:00

I would recommend going to market.android.com and finding the app there and sending to your device.

I would also recommend going into your settings and app management, finding the market, then clearing data, memory, cache and everything. Then restart and test it out. Sometimes the install of updates are held up and can be helped along by clearing the app memory and cache. Please, make sure you have a data connection at the time of doing this so that it updates.

EDIT: For some reason your additional responses were not showing when I posted mine. They loaded afterwards and I can see that you have the issue resolved. I am glad to hear it was fixed :)

4 Posts

April 11th, 2012 08:00

No problem, thanx for the response - and yes it was the Android Market data cache on the Streak.

11 Posts

July 2nd, 2012 23:00

Open the Market app and press the home button in the upper left corner to return to homepage

2. Go to Settings \ Applications \ Manage \ Running

3. Press "Market"

4. Press "Clear cache" (do not clear data)

5. Press "Force stop"

6. Return to "Settings \ Applications \ Manage \ Running"

7. Press "Google Services Framework"

8. Press "Clear Data"

9. Press "Force Stop"

10. Go back to home screen and press Market app to Start Google Market, it will give an error message

11. Shut off and turn the tablet back on; once back Market should work, if it gives an error it could need another minute to work

12. At this point the Market should work

2 Posts

July 8th, 2012 08:00

Tried all that - even deleted Play and was left with Market which also I had a connection error with. Any ideas on how I can solve this problem? Thanks.

1 Message

May 6th, 2013 04:00

plz tem me how can i add mah acctn in mah dell .when i entrd mah id its shows u need to call CCE.

No Events found!