Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

September 11th, 2017 07:00

Latitude 11 5175 screen upside down

When I use my Latitude 11 5175 as a tablet, auto-rotate is making the screen upside down in landscape mode.  It is correct if I turn the tablet vertical.  I can lock the rotation to hold it in its correct view - but something seems to be wrong with either the driver or a setting I can't find.

I did notice that there is not a rotation option/information in the Intel HD Graphics settings app - but there is an option in the general windows display settings.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers but it doesn't seem to help.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 12th, 2017 14:00

edit4ever,

Unlock auto rotate

Using a keyboard, press and hold

Ctrl     Alt   (and press the UP Arrow.

This should put the display in the upright position. It should then work normally.

Rick

14 Posts

September 12th, 2017 15:00

Unfortunately CTRL + ALT + arrow key has no effect on the screen at all.  This is when docked to the mobile keyboard.  And there is not an ALT key on the on screen keyboard.  :-(

The weird thing is holding the tablet in portrait mode it is correct - but in landscape it is upside down.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 12th, 2017 17:00

edit4ever,

Can you right click on the desktop, Graphic options, rotation, rotate to normal

or...

Press on the desktop, Display settings.

My rotation lock is off and landscape mode is selected.

Rick

14 Posts

September 13th, 2017 05:00

Yes - I can manually override by turning on rotation lock and changing the display setting to landscape.  However, once I turn off rotation lock the screen will change to landscape(flipped) and be upside down.  It's as though the sensor is reversed. (although likely just a sensor or display driver issue)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 13th, 2017 12:00

edit4ever,

Try the screen gesture on page 24 of the Manual?

If that doesn't work, then I would contact Dell Tech Support in your Country.

Rick

14 Posts

September 14th, 2017 05:00

Unless I'm missing it - there is not a reference to a screen gesture on page 45 of the link that you shared.  Can you copy and paste the gesture?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 16th, 2017 13:00

edit4ever,

Sorry it was page 24(Corrected in the post above)

I did a screenshot of the gesture.

Rick

14 Posts

September 17th, 2017 05:00

That page is for rotating objects on screen - not the actual entire windows screen itself.

When I get back home in a few days I will attempt to reinstall the bios update and see if that sorts it out.  In the meantime, unless someone posts another solution, I will keep using the rotation lock to trick it into staying the right way up.

14 Posts

September 20th, 2017 09:00

Tried reinstalling the bios update - but it didn't help.

Also - I have the issue  with the rotation lock making the brightness change to 40%.  I think I have to roll back one of the drivers to fix that.

1 Message

December 24th, 2020 07:00

Hello @edit4ever,

Have you managed to solve your upside down screen problem with Dell Latitude 5175? I'm having the same problem and I can't solve it.

Any shared information will be useful. Thank you.

14 Posts

December 24th, 2020 08:00

I no longer have the device - but since I didn't use it in tablet mode much - my fix was to turn it upside down...then enable the screen lock button (in the notifications panel)  This then locked the screen in the right orientation for use with the keyboard.

Hope that helps!  I think there was a command line code or maybe a reg edit that someone had posted somewhere that may have permanently changed the sensor setting - but unfortunately don't have that.

No Events found!