Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2014 19:00

Problems with 4.4 update on Dell Venue 7

My Dell Venue 7 tablet updated to Android 4.4.2 yesterday. I am not sure if it ever succeeded in the KitKat 4.4 installation. Unfortunately, it now will reboot itself, operate for about 10-15 seconds, and then freeze operations and input. Then, it will be unresponsive until its power down timer ticks over, and then it will power off and reboot itself. Over and over.

I have been unable to get it to respond through a "hard reboot" using the power button, but I can get it to turn off. As soon as I power on again, it boots and begins the problem cycle all over again.

I have not been able to get it to do a "factory reset," either. It will stop after I click the "erase everything" button and do nothing for a few seconds, until it locks up as mentioned above. Then, it goes into the problem cycle again.

Is there a physical factory reset I can do, or (ideally) some other solution to this behavior?

3 Posts

May 18th, 2014 09:00

Had the same problem on my Venue 8. Called Dell support and they walked me through steps to do a factory reset. Oddly, 4.4.2 was installed after the reset. Did not take it back to original 4.2.

No Events found!