Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2017 16:00

Slim Keyboard on Venue 7140 not working

Yesterday the Slim Keyboard of my Venue 7140 stop working. How can I test if there's a problem with the keyboard or with the tablet ? Of course before buying a new keyboard...

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 28th, 2017 17:00

Thank you for your message.

You can try using the on-screen keyboard, you will see this on the startup screen. There is a small keyboard icon on the upper right side of the screen, you need to press this to bring up the on-screen keyboard.

If there no on-screen keyboard found, follow the below steps.

From the desktop screen, navigate to the control panel.

In the control panel, open Ease of Access Center.

Tap "Start On-Screen Keyboard"

In the lower right-hand corner of the keyboard screen, tap "options".

At the bottom of the window that opens up, tap "Control whether the On-Screen Keyboard starts when I sign in."

At the top of the next window, check (or un-check if it already is) the box "Use On-Screen Keyboard" & restart the device.

If the on-screen keyboard works fine, this will be an issue with the hardware. If the on-screen keyboard is not responding, this could be an issue with the OS.

4 Posts

June 28th, 2017 18:00

I already know that is a hardware issue! what i need to determine is if the problem is in the tablet or in the keyboard.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 29th, 2017 16:00

Try to clean the connectors on the keyboard & the tablet & check if the device is getting detected.

Have you tried changing the batteries on the keyboard?

There is no way to tell if this is a keyboard or a tablet issue unless this keyboard is tested on another tablet or another keyboard tested on this tablet.

This seems to be more of an issue with the keyboard than the tablet.

No Events found!