Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JL

June 14th, 2014 17:00

V8P Bluetooth Question

I just picked up an Inland Bluetooth mouse at Fry's for $15.

When I paired it, the progress bar only filled in a fraction of it's length, also the Bluetooth window continues to display the moving dots, and it say's it is searching for Bluetooth devices.

Are these things normal?

I should mention that despite the packaging saying the mouse is XP/Vista/7 compatible, it is connected, and working fine.

Also, does it consume any more battery power when Bluetooth is turned on?  Should I turn it off when not using Bluethooth?

26 Posts

June 15th, 2014 09:00

FWIW, I have never been able to make my Venue 7 connect with Bluetooth to anything else I have that also uses Bluetooth.

184 Posts

June 16th, 2014 09:00

I just picked up an Inland Bluetooth mouse at Fry's for $15.

When I paired it, the progress bar only filled in a fraction of it's length, also the Bluetooth window continues to display the moving dots, and it say's it is searching for Bluetooth devices.

Are these things normal?

I should mention that despite the packaging saying the mouse is XP/Vista/7 compatible, it is connected, and working fine.

Also, does it consume any more battery power when Bluetooth is turned on?  Should I turn it off when not using Bluethooth?

Yes, it is normal that the system continues to search for Bluetooth devices if yours is already connected. Basically the same for any Bluetooth enabled system.
Bluetooth on will use more battery and I always shut mine off if not in use.
No Events found!