Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 17th, 2013 08:00

Venue 8 Android: How do I capture a screenshot?

Has anyone figured out how to take screenshots using the Venue 7/8? I assumed Power button+ volume up or down would work, but it hasn't. Do I need to install a dedicated app? Appreciate suggestions...thanks!

December 19th, 2013 08:00

Power Button and the volume down to take screenshots! :emotion-11:

4 Posts

December 18th, 2013 15:00

I haven't checked if there's an app for this, unless you have a keyboard I don't recall any way to do this, but you could for example connect remotely to your Venue 8 using something like TeamViewer and take the screenshot that way from your desktop instead, then just cropped out your local screen off the picture.

December 19th, 2013 10:00

Confirmed!

This didn't work for me before, but after installing the OTA update to Android 4.3 this morning,

it now works!  Thanks for the advice.

3 Posts

August 30th, 2015 13:00

Also make sure you hold Power and Volume Down long enough. I tried quickly pressing them at first, like on my phone, but it seems like you have to hold them down for a full second on the Venue 8.

6 Posts

July 3rd, 2017 03:00

You can press Power Button and the volume down to take screenshot on Venue 8. This method works for many Android devices. If you want to capture screenshot on computer, Acethinker Screen Grabber can help you a lot, free and works pretty well.

August 11th, 2018 07:00

only changes volume for me or tries to restart if I hold it down too long

No Events found!