Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

ML

February 23rd, 2014 08:00

Venue Pro 11 Dock : DisplayPort no longer working with latest Graphics update.

Well I downloaded the A10 BIOS update and installed it, I downloaded the Panel Firmware and installed that, then I downloaded the Graphics update (Win7-8.1_64_15.33.14_3412_Dell_kit58864_ZPE) and installed that and now the DisplayPort does not work! I now have to use HDMI to DVI to use my external monitor.

Has anyone installed all this firmware/software and still has the DisplayPort working? If so, I would like to know what cable is in use.

Just in case anyone at Dell is interested, the only setting that the monitor works with is 1024x768 and even then it flicks on/off, hopefully it is just me and a cable change might resolve the problem.

23 Posts

February 23rd, 2014 13:00

Thanks for the reply, it is also interesting as my monitor is a U2312M - Now wondering if it is down to the model range; maybe someone at Dell would be nice enough to check!

67 Posts

February 23rd, 2014 13:00

our U2410s are working fine.

however u2412m dont work. flicks on and off

67 Posts

February 23rd, 2014 14:00

I meant U2312M

Dell-Brian, any ideas?

Which adapter are you using for the dvi to HDMI?

11 Posts

February 24th, 2014 02:00

I installed those three updates in same order as you, during Friday at work. I kept it docked using Display port to a Dell P2214H monitor. Worked fine for the rest of the day.

Took tablet home over the weekend and the on-screen keyboard didn't pop-up when using web pages or email app. So I rebooted to get this to work properly (have always had to do this).

Came into work this morning, docked it and powered on. No output on either display (usually set to use second screen (Monitor) only). Un-docked it and display on tablet OK. Rebooted it again and re-docked it. Had to fiddle with the win8 'Project settings' to get it to display onto monitor (second screen only). Even after selecting this mode it took longer than normal to flip over.

Using the display port cable that shipped with the monitor.

828 Posts

February 24th, 2014 03:00

If the previous driver was working OK, please downgrade to that until we release the next video driver and the dock firmware.   Both the driver and the firmware impact what works and what doesn't.   It looks like in this case, the driver stopped the DP from working.  The interaction is unfortunately fairly complicated... I'll share more details as soon as possible on the updated firmware.  The next video driver is a couple weeks out still.

23 Posts

February 24th, 2014 04:00

I have a "BlueRigger" HDMI to DVI cable so I do not have to use any adapter, cable works fine so happy to stick with it for now.

67 Posts

February 24th, 2014 05:00

[quote user="bribiesca"]

I have a "BlueRigger" HDMI to DVI cable so I do not have to use any adapter, cable works fine so happy to stick with it for now.

[/quote]

Thanks for info... I ordered one. We dont have any issues with our U2410's but we have a desk we'd like to dock at whenever we are in another room so we ordered another dock not thinking we'd have any issues.

So I don't want to downgrade these devices as they work fine at our main desk.

I think one monitor and the tablet would be fine for now.

23 Posts

March 18th, 2014 16:00

Do we have an update on the new driver?

13 Posts

April 6th, 2014 23:00

I have had my Venue 11 Pro 7130 for about 3 weeks and the dock for about 2. The display port does not work.

Dell shipped me a second dock, it doesn't work either. I know the cable is good to my Dell 2412M monitor because I can plug a MacBook Pro into it using the same Thunderbolt to Display Port cable. The only difference in the Venue setup is I have a mini display port to full size display port adapter on the cable.

I know this adapter works. I've also tested the connection with a standard display port cable. No matter what I do, all I get is a little bit of flickering once in a while on the monitor. The computer recognizes that the monitor is attached, but it can't display anything onto it.

Dell has me set up now to have a tech come out and replace the motherboard on the Venue. This seems totally ridiculous. Is it a dock firmware problem? A video driver problem? Or do I in fact have a bad motherboard?

Dell-Brian, please offer some insight! I'm running out of time to determine whether I'm going to keep everything or not and if it isn't working by April 15, it is all getting shipped back. Another fail for Dell if that happens.

67 Posts

April 8th, 2014 10:00

Did you guys go into device manager and remove the DP monitor?

I had that happen and thats what I had to do.

3 Posts

April 8th, 2014 10:00

We're having the same issues on 2 Venue 11 Pro 7130 - one of which was replaced 3 weeks ago.  I just received two new docks with A01 that I was told would fix the issue but it doesn't. 

Dell has made a complete mess with the Venue line which is sad because I have a LOT of people looking for something like this.  If Dell could have actually gotten this product working, they would have lots of business but months later and still broken, we might have to look at other vendors for a solution. 

3 Posts

April 8th, 2014 11:00

Just tried removing the Displayport monitor in Device Manager (including hidden versions) - no luck - still broken.

3 Posts

April 8th, 2014 12:00

correct

13 Posts

I don't see a Display Port monitor in Device Manager to try that.

Also, how do I know which version of the dock that I have? I don't see anything on the bottom that says A01, but they just sent me the dock about 2 weeks ago.

67 Posts

So you uninstalled and rebooted?

No Events found!