Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 18th, 2014 12:00

Venue Pro 11 and external Touchscreen monitor?

Doe the Venue Pro 11 (running an i3 or an i5 CPU) support the touch features of a touchscreen monitor such as the Dell 22 Touch Monitor?

828 Posts

April 21st, 2014 12:00

Someone here tried a Dell P2314T (touch) monitor and got it to work OK, so I'd imagine other touch displays should work provided they have a USB interface back to the tablet to register the touch (and Windows 8.1 native support or drivers).

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

April 21st, 2014 10:00

Hi Fredrik,

All the features available on both Dell Venue 11 pro and the touchscreen monitor will only be supported. The rest of the features may not work as expected.

April 21st, 2014 11:00

That answer left me more confused. What features will work and what features won't?

I'm considering getting a docking station, touchscreen monitor, and power supply so I can use my work Venue Pro at home, and want to know if it will work. (In the long run, if I get accepted in a Ph.D. program this fall, I may buy a second Venue Pro for personal use, too. )

17 Posts

April 29th, 2014 05:00

I HAD (note, past tense!) my Venue Pro 11 working lovely with two Dell E2014T monitors. All touch features worked flawlessly once I'd done the touch calibration (tablet config in Windows 8 control panel) For some reason today I docked my tablet and now only the monitor connected on HDMI is working. Display port detects the monitor but won't display anything and the monitor just goes into power save mode. Have tried switching the monitors around and even tried a second Venue Pro in the dock and it looks like for some reason the Display Port has just stopped working properly :S Time to make another call to Dell... The Venue 11 Pro is great... when it works. We've had so many problems with the tablet and it's peripherals however there is no way we will be moving forward with the product in the company.
No Events found!