Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2016 19:00

Will not charge

I can't get my Dell Venue 5830Pro to charge.  It is now completely dead and I can't even do a diagnostics on it.  Please help. 

41 Posts

August 31st, 2016 21:00

are you charging it connected to your pc or is the usb cord connected to a wall socket. i had the same problem. Could not figure out why it would not charge. The usb cable connected to my computer was not putting out enough current, plugged the usb cable into a wall adapter and it finally started charging, it took 30 min before i could even turn it on while charging.

FYI.. just a heads up to anybody buying dell products, they are really really slow to update their products. They stopped supporting all their android devices last year.

word to the wise.

915 Posts

September 1st, 2016 06:00

Further information, please?  Are you charging using the original Dell charger?  Is there any damage to the USB cable/have you tried using another cable?  Have you tried using a different charger/how powerful is the alternate charger?  How are you trying to charge the tablet?  Is the USB/charging port on the tablet damaged in any way, such as, are its pins bent?

No Events found!