Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2006 19:00

1905FP Noise When Screen Changes

I have had a new 1905FP for five days.  Just today it started exhibiting a minor problem.  Whenever the screen refreshes, it makes a slight buzzing or vibrating sound that seems to be coming from somewhere within the monitor's case.  It is just loud enough to be audible and annoying.  Examples of what I mean by "whenever the  screen refreshes":  clicking a website link, opening a program, switching to the desktop, even scrolling up and down in a window using the scroll wheel on the mouse---- anything that causes the screen to repaint a new image. The "buzz" lasts only as long as it takes to repaint the screen, less than a second.

I am using the DVI connection with an ATI All-in-Wonder 8500DV at the recommended 60 hz and 1280x1024.

I could live with this if I had to, but I am concerned that it is a sign of a problem that will get worse over time and end up with a non-functioning monitor.

Any ideas?

Message Edited by dalemccl on 01-23-2006 03:25 PM

96 Posts

January 26th, 2006 03:00

That sounds weird...only happening when you are actively doing something. It's definately abnormal. My 1905FP doesn't buzz, at least not so I can hear it at all. Have you loaded the provided 1905FP drivers from the installation disk?

7 Posts

January 26th, 2006 13:00

>>Have you loaded the provided 1905FP drivers from the installation disk? <<

Thanks for the reply.  No, I didn't load them because I read somewhere (maybe on this forum), that the cause colors in photoshop to be off.  Maybe I will load them and see if the "buzz" goes away.

Oddly, the buzz seems to come and go. One time I use the monitor and it buzzes, next time it doesn't.  Then comes back again.  It sounds like some type of electrical buzz.

No Events found!