Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2005 21:00

1905FP USB ports don't work properly

Hi

I know of one other person with this problem but can't find any similar issues posted here hence a new thread...

Whenever I plug anything into the USB ports on my 1905FP (which is otherwise excellent) it keeps disconnecting & reconnecting (the old bing-bong from Windows repeats over and over)

Tried connecting to a different port on my PC but it makes no difference. I've tried joysticks, cameras, a Logitech game steering wheel and a printer, they all do the same thing in all 4 ports.

Anything I should check?

PC is a self-build, with an Antec Sonata case with builtin Trupower 380W PSU and an Abit NF7 V2.0 motherboard (Athlon 2700XP)

76 Posts

April 22nd, 2005 11:00

Hi choddo

It could be that the U.S.B. port are faulty, have you called Dell support or E mail them? to see what they say. If you have the monitor for a short while. You are then are under the 21 day return policy. If the monitor is faulty you should get a new one.

mike470

5 Posts

April 22nd, 2005 19:00

Thanks Mike, you're probably right. To be honest, the screen's got no dead pixels and is otherwise perfect so if that turns out to be the problem I'll just buy a USB hub & live with it :)

If noone else has seen a similar problem, then I'll just assume that's the case.

May 24th, 2005 14:00

Hello,

I recently set-up a GX280sMT with the 1905FP and had this same problem. I only connected the keyboard and mouse to the monitor (to save running the leads all the way to the machine) but they kept cutting in and out about every 10 seconds. If I only have 1 item connected (either keyboard or mouse) then it's all fine. So I resorted to having the mouse in the monitor and the keyboard going directly to the machine.

Ridiculous problem though is that if you plug anything else into the monitor it goes back to cutting out every 10 seconds. It's as if there isn't enough power to run more than 1 device (which seems crazy for low power devices like mice and keyboards).

I tried the usual plugging the usb uplink lead to a different socket on the machine (tried all 8 of the usb ports, made no difference). Also tried de-powering the monitor and no luck.

Did you have any luck in the end or did you give up?

cheers,
Richard.

May 24th, 2005 15:00

yeh, it is strange that all the connections are on the monitor because when you want to rotate it, not only is it awkward, you have them all sticking out?! Same for the rest of the range though.

cheers,
Richard.

5 Posts

May 24th, 2005 15:00

I gave up & bought a Belkin 7-way USB2 hub and life has been wonderful ever since. To be honest, I like rotating the screen for vertical shooters on MAME, so having USB leads sticking out the side was a bit of a pain anyway and I probably would have ended up getting a separate hub.

C
No Events found!