Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2007 21:00

2001FP Automatic switching input mode/cant change input mode

I have a 2001FP and recently it started to act odd. It would randomly switch its input mode from DVI-D to one of the other settings and after some random time would switch back to DVI-D or I could switch it back manually. And right now it switched its self to to S-Video and will not let me change its input mode no matter how many times I press the change input mode button. The only buttons that seem to work is Power and the OSD (But it only displays "3: S_VIDEO No input signal" when pressed). I have swapped all the cables with my other 2001FP to make sure it wasn't a video card/cable issue.

The serial number for the monitor is:
CN-0C0646-46633-5CB-11WL
REV A00
Date of Mfg December 2005

Message Edited by CIAFlux on 09-16-2007 06:47 PM

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 17th, 2007 12:00

CIAFlux,

How many inputs on this monitor do you need to use at once?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 17th, 2007 13:00

CIAFlux,

* Power off the monitor
* Disconnect all cabling from the bottom of the monitor (especially the power cord)
* While disconnected, press and hold the monitor power button down for 5 seconds
* Reconnect only the monitor power cord and the #2 white DVI
* Power on the monitor
* The PC should already be on. The monitor should auto sense the #2 white DVI. If it does not, press the Input Select button and change to #2 DVI
* Press the Menu button on the front of the monitor
* Press plus or minus to move to Factory Reset
* Press the Menu button
* Press plus or minus to move to All Settings
* Press the Menu button

3 Posts

September 17th, 2007 13:00

Just DVI-D and it is the only input being used.

Is there any type of factory hard rest?

3 Posts

September 18th, 2007 01:00

Thanks for the help so far Christ but that procedure didnt help. The monitor doesnt auto sense the DVI cable and the input button does not cycle through any of the inputs. It just stays on S-Video. When I press the Menu, Plus or Minus buttons the only thing that happens is it tells me there isnt an input signal for S-Video. When pressing the Input Select button nothing happens.

Anything else I can try?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 18th, 2007 11:00

CIAFlux,

No. If under warranty, get it replaced. If you have a service tag number associated with your monitor, you may use Chat or Email support to setup the monitor exchange.

If you only have an Order number associated with the monitor, you must call in,
1-800-624-9896.

They will need the following information -
20 digit PPID number on back of monitor
Name, address, phone, email address
Order number
Issue
Troubleshooting done

6 Posts

December 26th, 2011 10:00

I have experienced the same problem with this monitor:

i use only analog VGA input to the monitor, the monitor switches inputs automatically, some times rapidly and sometimes slowly.The monitor will switch inputs even if it not conneccted to any inputs. I am thinking the video processor/controller is broken because the change input button doesnt work either to change back to your preffered input. could it be the "Switch Inputs" button?

I think the problem started with the use of the USB ports on the monitor, I bought it in 2005, is it still under warranty?

No Events found!