Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

December 3rd, 2008 13:00

2208WFP Flat Panel Monitor

I just installed two 2208WFP Flat Panel Monitors.  I was really excited about getting the dual monitors.  However, I have been very disappointed.  The color is washed out, and I can't increase the font size without the image panning across the screen.  I tried to work with the brightness and contrast controls, the image is still not as sharp as the image on my 2- inch monitor.  After an hour of use, I am getting headaches.  Is there anything that can be done with the settings?

3 Posts

December 10th, 2008 15:00

I have the same problem with a 2208WFP. Way too bright and washed out looking. The controls really do not make the display any better with brightness and contrast settings. Connected via DVI to Dell XPS with NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS that was great with the 2007EFP.. This is FAR inferior to my 3 year old 2007WFP. Any suggestions appreciated...I am ready to send this puppy back if it can not be adjusted.

Any advice appreciated. This monitor had great reviews on the dell site and elsewhere.

2 Posts

December 11th, 2008 12:00

I actually saw a number of bad reviews for this monitor on the dell support pages.  But, no one mentioned a solution.  We ended up using the VGA analog connection setting.   Under Display - settings - advanced - general, I set the DPI to 120.  Still am not happy with the monitor, but the headaches are gone away.  I am now stuck with this for the next 3 years!  This will be my last Dell.

26 Posts

February 11th, 2009 22:00

I can't believe Dell put this monitor out under the UltraSharp name either.  I assumed this would be a great compliment and upgrade to my 2007WFP which is an awsome monitor.  I was going to use the pair in tandem for photo editing...but the 2208WFP is so bad, it's not usable for pro photo editing.

...so i'm stuck selling it on Ebay and trying to get a used 2007WFP online.  BTW, used 2007WFP go for more money than a new 2208WFP does if that tells you anything.

After doing some research i found out that the 2007WFP were S-IPS OR S-PVA type panels vs. the 2208WFP's cheap TN.  There are many sites and blogs dedicated to what has been called 'Dells Flat Panel Lottery' because you never know what you'll get.

Regarding the 2007WFP's, even that monitor was made with two different panel types and two manufactures.  ...the last letter in the serial number of the monitor tells you which one.  Mine ends in L so it's a Phillips S-IPS type.

Turns out too that you can find out what panel your 2007wfp has, you can go into the monitor setup menu:

1- Turn off your screen
2- Press simultaneously the 'Menu' and '+' button of the screen...while holding, now press the 'Power Button' as well.
3- Once the screen in ON, release all 3 buttons.
5- Finally, press '-' button.

You can run a search on the panel code that is listed in the menu and find out what you received!

I'll really do research in the future before buying a Dell flat panel.

So if you are looking for a duplicate of a current 2007WFP, make sure you match your REV# and last letter of the Serial Number.

26 Posts

February 18th, 2009 08:00

If anyone wants to look up their own monitor, or any monitor for that matter, check out this site: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/panels.php

you simply type in a model number and it tells you everything under the sun about that monitor. 

No Events found!