Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2011 15:00

2407WFPb Input Source Select switch is stuck

My monitor is a Dell 2407WFPb  

MX-0CC302-46634-68O-2KKS

Rev A03

It failed the STFC.

The input source select switch is not working properly.  The monitor is several years old and not under warranty.  I have never had any problems with it in the past.   Normally, only one of the five indicator lights is lit at a time.  Currently, the first light (VGA) remains lit all the time, and the input source select switch cycles a second light between 3 (S-Video), 4 (Composite), and 5 (Component).  The DVI-D source (light 2) that I normally use never lights up at all.  The monitor still works fine using the Component input source.  

So basically it's fine as long as I only need to play XBox on it.  I cannot get it to switch back to my computer though.

I'm guessing the the switchboard is faulty.  Is it possible to get replacement components like that?  It would be a shame to lose a perfectly good monitor due a switch malfunction.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 17th, 2011 08:00

* Power off the monitor
* Disconnect the power cord from the monitor
* While disconnected, press and hold the monitor power button down for 5 seconds
* Reconnect the DVI cord to the monitor and to the PC video card
* Reconnect the power cord to the monitor
* Power on the monitor if it does not power on by itself
* Power on the PC
* Press the monitor Input Source Select button. If the button is still no go, your only option is to take it to a displays technician and disassemble it looking for the cause

No Events found!