Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2011 22:00

3007WFP cannot display max resolution in Windows 7

I've seen this issue raised over and over in this forum and have yet to see a workable solution offered.  Giving it one more try. I have a DVI-D dual link cable, updated drivers for graphics card and monitor.  Graphics card has a DVI-D port and is fully capable of max resolution. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Michele

1 Message

August 12th, 2013 09:00

I ran into this same issue with my Mac Book Pro 13".  Using a Apple Mini Display port to Dual LInk DVI Adapter (primarily for cinema displays), I was able to achieve 2560x1600 resolution.  Hopefully this helps.

1 Message

July 16th, 2014 07:00

I had the same problem and fixed it by installing a Geforce 8800 GTX graphics card. They have gotten very reasonable priced over the years.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 8th, 2011 16:00

miango,

Is the video card supporting DVI-D Single Link or DVI-D Dual Link? It must be DVI-D Dual Link to support 2560x1600 and you must be using a DVI-D Dual Link cable. If you do not have both DVI-D Dual Link, you can only do 1920x1200. Also, all HDCP content will only do 1280x800.

5 Posts

May 31st, 2011 06:00

We are seeing the same thing here.  We used to have the 3007WFP hooked up to an older Dell D820 laptop (using a Dell E2210 monitor as a primary and cloning the desktop to the 3007WFP) .  It worked fine with this setup, but once we upgraded our user to a newer E6520  the best resolution we can get out of the 3007WFP is 1280x800.  We are using the same DVI cable that were working fine with our old laptop.  All drivers are up to date as per the Dell website (BIOS included).  We are using an E/Port replicator, but I wouldn't think that would matter.  I have no way of testing though, as this laptop does not have a DVI out and the 3007WFP only allows DVI hookup.  Does the nVidia NVS 4200M that is installed in the E6520's not support DVI-D Dual Link?

7 Posts

July 12th, 2011 21:00

Same problem here.

NVidia says that the NVS 4200M has "DisplayPort multimode support, Up to 2560x1600."

www.nvidia.com/.../nvs_techspecs.html

Also, the E/Port Plus 210W says "With native resolution of 2560x1600 via display ports it can support two 30" LCD. This product has been tested and validated on Dell systems. It is supported by Dell Technical Support when used with a Dell system."

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

I checked both of those pages before buying the Latitude E6520 & E/Port Plus 210W, made a special request to purchase them, and now I'm screwed until there's a fix.

7 Posts

July 12th, 2011 21:00

I'm going to try the DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI Adapter

5 Posts

July 13th, 2011 05:00

Before purchasing anything, boot into your BIOS (F12 at startup when you see the Dell logo).  You will notice, when the keystroke is recognized, in the upper left hand corner the message will change from “F12 Boot Options” to “Preparing one-time boot menu”.  From the following menu, you will want to arrow down to the “BIOS Setup” option.  This will load your BIOS menu.  In this screen you want to select the “+” sign next to “Video” on the left hand column and choose “Optimus” from the list of expanded choices.  This will open a window on the right hand side of the screen.  At the top of this window, remove the check mark from the “Enable Optimus” option.  Hit “Apply” then “Exit” at the bottom of the screen to save this setting and reboot your computer.  When your computer finishes rebooting, you may need to adjust your screen resolution again by right clicking on the desktop and selecting “NVIDIA Control Panel” from the drop down.  From this window, you can pick “Change resolution” under the “Display” option and adjusting your resolution as needed.  Apparently, disabling this setting disables the onboard Intel video card and allows all connected devices to make use of the nVidia NVS4200 video driver.  This resolved our issue that we were having with this combination of laptop, port replicator, and monitor.  I hope this helps you out as well.

7 Posts

July 13th, 2011 09:00

The DVI cable I'm using works perfectly from a Mac at full resolution, so it must be dual-channel capable.

5 Posts

Not sure what to tell you at this point.  Have you tried using drivers from both Dell and nVidia to see if it made any difference?  For our application, we didn't need to run our resolution to the max advertised levels, we just needed more flexibility that the onboard driver was affecting.  Once my customers were happy with the results, I did not continue to test any further.  At this point, it might require a phone call to Dell to get an answer to this issue.

7 Posts

(Using that cable with the same 3007 monitor.)

7 Posts

Thanks for the info, cberry73.

I performed the steps you listed.  When I click “Change resolution” under the “Display” option, select the 3007 monitor, and adjust, there are no resolutions listed above 1280x800.  When I clicked Customize, and enable resolutions greater than 1280, applying any them resulted in a black screen.  When I clicked Customize, Create Custom Resolution, and enter 2560 horizontal, 1600 vertical, Test, a dialog appears with the message "Test failed.  Custom resolution 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz (32-bit) is not supported by your display.  Lowering the refresh rate and color depth made no difference.

5 Posts

From what I ready prior to our resolution it did sound like the DVI cable needed to be a specific one (as I'm sure you've already read on other posts).  I don't recall the one that it needed to be, but that potentially could be what is blocking you on your resolution.

September 28th, 2011 15:00

hello cberry73

I have the same pb with 3007 wfp and Win 7. Max resolution 1280x800. Have find a solution ? I've tried with nvidia driver but no way. SOFTMCCS = no way again :-(

Thanks

seb

5 Posts

September 29th, 2011 07:00

As I mentioned above, we disabled the optimus setting in BIOS, fired up Windows.  Have you tried using the nVidia configuration software and specified a custom resolution once the optimus is disabled?  That was the final step we had to make to get the resolution where we wanted it.  Once this was done, I've had no complaints from my users.

September 29th, 2011 07:00

Hello cberry and thank you for your answer. I will test your solution asap. I will send you my feedback.

Thanks again.

No Events found!